We’ve all heard that nature provides us with beautiful things that human-made things can never compete with, and we all agree with that. With the advent of technology and intelligent minds at work, some incredibly beautiful things have been created through chemical processes, and it turns out to be one of the best creations by men on earth. Mystic Topaz is one of those beautiful things.
This article introduces you to the extravagant, lustrous, and extremely popular for jewelry, the Mystic topaz. Let’s have a look at why this gemstone is getting all the attention of the gem traders.
What is it, and where is it found?
It is one of the men- made gems that is not found naturally. It is something that has been made from the pre-existing natural resources but turns out to be better than the natural gemstone with all the shine it possesses.
Mystic Topaz contemplates being extracted from the locations of Brazil, Afghanistan, Australia, Myanmar. It is also found in the regions of China, Germany, Japan, Madagascar, Mexico, Namibia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, and the USA.
How is it made?
Enhancement of gems through Irradiation or heat treatments is known phenomena, and most gemstones are treated through these methods to increase the glow and luster of the stone. However, for mystic topaz, high tech coating technology is used, which is known as the electrodeposition sputtering process. It involves depositing an extremely thin layer, which is only a few microns to the naturally existing white topaz.
Through this method, the fantastic color effects are reflected from the crown, looking like a rainbow with green, blue, and purple being the most prominent color. The coating is hard, durable, and molecularly bonded to the substrate, which ultimately becomes a part of the topaz.
Specific Gravity: 3.4- 3.5
Cleavage: Perfect, in one direction
- It can help you grow by providing you the power to take actions or give you an agency to turn your dreams into reality.
- It helps you to understand your inner self better and get a hold of happening around you.
- It fills you with positivity and deals with all the negative energy sprouting from your inner self or surroundings.
- It improves your trusting abilities and builds better communication with people.
- It benefits not only the wearer but anyone who comes in the vicinity by spreading positive vibes around and making you accessible and loved among people.
- In 1998, Mystic topaz was introduced at the Jewelry Fair in Hong Kong.
- In previous times this gemstone was used more for its mystical healing properties rather than enhancing their beauty.
All in all, this precious gemstone is one of the prized possessions of man. It needs utmost care and maintenance, or else it can lose its shine. Therefore, no harsh cleaners should be used while cleaning, and it should be kept separately in cotton.